Senior Web Developer
BeMyGuest – Tours & Activities
May 2014 – Present | Singapore
Responsible for developing optimized code according to MVC framework, enhancing existing codebase using functional and system requirements, automating unit testing and building new business-driven functionalities.
We use Github for our versioning and Redmine for project management.
- BeMyGuest API – Created RESTful API using PHP. Framework: Codeigniter; API methods are secured using API Keys. API is used for providing content and database information to the upcoming BeMyGuest mobile app (using JSON), and for third-party affiliates like Google and AirAsia.
- BeMyGuest Admin Dashboard – Built the new admin dashboard to be used by the BeMyGuest Team. This is an in-house management system. Framework: Codeigniter. Admin dashboard is used to handle critical business processes like managing suppliers, bookings and activities listed on the main website.
- BeMyGuest Mobile App – Part of the development team responsible for the delivery of the upcoming company app. Tailored for android, and soon for IOS. Technologies used: Kendo UI, Phonegap, RESTful API using PHP for the back-end stuff. HTML, JS and CSS. Twitter Bootstrap 3.
Senior Web Developer
TYA Singapore Pte Ltd
March 2013 – April 2014 (1 year 1 month) | Singapore
- Administering servers (in-house and third party) that runs on different platforms like Linux, Mac and Windows. Previous tasks include configuring vsftpd (FTP server) and LAMP on our servers, setting up Samba (so we can share our Linux Folders with Windows operated systems) and monitoring vmwares
- Pioneered the use of SVN and TracSubversion in managing projects, both old and new.
- Managed Uniqlo’s email newsletters for their Singapore and Malaysia subscribers using Mailchimp™
US Auto Parts
June 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 9 months) | Philippines
I am under the SEO team which branches out into Marketing and dev team. I am responsible for all the tasks, enhancements and bug fixes filed by our stakeholders that focus on the SEO part of our e-commerce websites.
We attended SEMCON 2012 that tackles everything about SEO (talks about latest SEO methods by Google and other technical stuff)
Also learned a lot from US Autoparts like using memcache with PHP and using web services and cron jobs
- US Auto Parts or “USAP” uses systems development life cycle (SDLC) as our software development process
- For managing projects, we use the Scrum Methodology
- SVN (Apache Subversion) is our software versioning and revision control system
- Our servers run on Linux so all of us have a basic knowledge on it
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) is strictly observed in our projects
- It is also mandatory to structure projects using the MVC (Model–View–Controller) pattern
- For wiki and issue tracking system, all our team uses Trac (TracSubversion)
- Our websites were all built with Zend and in-house PHP framework
RoR (Ruby on Rails), PHP and iPhone developer
Brewed Concepts Inc.
September 2010 – April 2011 (7 months) | Philippines
Worked at Brewed Concepts Inc. from September 2010 to April 2011 as a RoR and PHP developer, and also an iPhone developer.
- Published my first iPhone app “Asian Development Bank for iPhone” during my Brewed Concept days
- Learned Ruby and Rails and got to use it for a couple of projects under my stay here
- Still participated with projects that uses PHP. This includes maintenance, enhancements and bug fixes of client websites
Freelance Web Developer/Programmer
June 2009 – September 2010 (1 year 3 months)
I’ve been a freelancer since 2009. Been doing that by self-studying all the time and using what I learned to help others at my spare time.
I created systems using PHP and MySQL which includes:
- Online Sales and Inventory System
- Online Enrollement System
- Online Billing and Reservation System
- Online Billing and Hospital System
- Online CAI (Computer Aided Instruction)
- Online Job Search and Application System
- CMS and ERP systems